Council: Truro City Council
Salary: £46,662 – £50,074 (based on new NALC Spinal point LC3 42-45)
Closing date: 06/11/2023
About the Role
This is an opportunity to play a key role in supporting the positive progress Truro City Council has been making in recent years. The role of Deputy Town Clerk is a new role for the Council and has been created in recognition of the ongoing development and expansion in the range of services and projects that are led by the Council.
The jobholder will work with the Town Clerk, Managers, and colleagues to develop and deliver strategies and policies to take forward the aspirations of the Council. They will manage a range of functions; the Job Description outlines the general responsibilities, but the detail of the functions managed may be tailored to fit the experience and skills of the jobholder and will be agreed with the Town Clerk following appointment.
The jobholder will have a financial overview of the Council (and subject to potential future needs of the Council, may be required to become Responsible Financial Officer in time). It is not a requirement, but it is desirable, that the jobholder has a professional finance qualification or background. It is essential that they have experience of complicated budget management and financial processes. They must be familiar with the relevant regulations and guidelines covering the proper management of the Council’s funds, but training and support to achieve the appropriate knowledge may be provided to the right candidate if required.
The jobholder will act as Proper Officer in accordance with Local Government regulations in the absence of the Town Clerk.
Terms and conditions of employment
Truro City Council staff are employed under Local Government Services (Green Book) terms and conditions with some terms and conditions agreed locally.
The key provisions are:
- Permanent Full -time 37.5 hours per week (including some evening and weekends as required)
- Location: Truro City Council Office
- Salary: £46,662 – £50,074 (based on new NALC Spinal point LC3 42-45)
- We offer between 23 and 29 days holiday a year; plus, bank holidays, two additional statutory days, St Piran’s day, should this fall on a working day and a Local Government Pension scheme
- Incremental progression subject to satisfactory performance
How to apply
- To apply please download an application pack from Truro City Council website – Job Vacancy – Deputy Town Clerk – Truro City Council
- Once you have an application pack, if you would like to apply, please complete the application form within this pack, or if you have difficulty accessing this, please email [email protected]
- Deadline for applications is 6 November 2023
- The Selection process will be held in November 2023 and any face-to-face interviews will be held in Truro Community Library during November 2023
Truro City Council is committed to equality, diversity and inclusivity being at the heart of everything they do.