Council: Devizes Town Council
Salary: Between £17,561.49 to £18,743.92 pa, with pay review pending
Closing date: 15/12/2021 17:00
Responsible to: The Town Clerk
Location: Town Hall, Devizes
Responsible for: Finance
Hours: 25 hours per week, ideally 9.30am to 2.30pm, Monday to Friday but there is some flexibility
22 days holiday, plus 2 statutory days holiday and bank holidays.
Flexible working system in place and Local Government Pension Scheme.
CiLCA qualification desired or support towards obtaining qualification.
Devizes Town Council is looking to recruit a Finance Manager to support the Council in the delivery of its mission statement and key objectives. To work with colleagues to secure continuous improvement in the exercise of all functions The post holder has personal responsibility for safety in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and Council policies. All staff are required to abide by and promote equalities within the Town Council as outlined in the NJC Pay & Conditions of Service. This job description is a reflection of the present position and is subject to review and alteration in detail and emphasis in the light of future changes or developments.
- To contribute to the achievement of council objectives by ensuring the efficient and effective management of council financial systems
- To act as a member of the Council’s corporate management team
- To support the development, implementation and monitoring of the Council’s performance management framework
- To be responsible for the Council’s finance functions in accordance with government legislation, the various statutory codes of practice and the Council’s Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- To deputise in the absence of the Town Clerk for the Finance functions of responsibility
- To be responsible for all areas of financial activity including the preparation of estimates, management of income, debt (including commercial properties), expenditure and Year End Accounting and All financial returns
- To be responsible for the administration and maintenance of records of the Towns Trust Committee
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the Council’s Asset Register and Inventories
- To liaise with the Council’s accountant, internal auditor and external auditor
- To manage the Council’s banking and investment arrangements and liaise with the Council’s account managers and maintain associated records.
- To be responsible for the management of the collection and analysis of data for Performance Management and to ensure the required consultation be undertaken.
- Attend meetings of the Council and its Committees and other working parties and meetings as required
- To carry out project work as required
- Ensure all work practices, use and storage of chemicals and cleaning materials and the use and storage of equipment is carried out in compliance with Health and Safety at Work requirements
- The Devizes Town Council is a Local Council Award Authority and therefore all members of staff are required be aware of the Council’s performance indicators and endeavour to achieve these set targets.
- The responsibility for the smooth running of the Authority is incumbent on all members of staff. During times of absence of colleagues or high workloads, you will be expected to help with or take on additional duties and responsibilities that are in line with your grade.
For further details and to apply, please contact Elanor Oddy:
Devizes Town Council
St John’s Street
Telephone: 01380 723333
Closing date: 15 December at 5.00pm