Council: Chigwell Parish Council
Salary: NJC scale SCP 13-17 pro rata for 8 hours a week plus contributory pension scheme
Closing date: 22/04/2022 18:00
Salary: NJC scale SCP 13-17 pro rata plus contributory pension scheme
Hours: 8 hours a week
Commencement Date: May 2022
Application Deadline: 22 April at 18:00
Our vision is to be recognised by our residents as an effective and efficient Parish Council. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Finance Officer to support the Parish Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer. You must be able to manage your own workload, have experience of working in a financial role and be competent and experienced in using accountancy software.
The successful applicant will have good communication and financial skills as well as a good IT skill set, as they will be interacting with the public, councillors, and other organisations in both verbal and written formats. The successful applicant needs to be organised, flexible and able to show initiative.
The main duty of this officer is to ensure that the accounts and financial records of the council are maintained in accordance with proper practices and are kept up to date
Ideally you should possess sound financial skills, good communication skills and some project management knowledge.
Training will be provided to the post-holder, with opportunities for continuing their professional development. Chigwell Parish Council are an equal opportunities employer
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs including maths and English plus 3 A levels (or equivalent)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a financial role
- Proactive approach and ability to successfully multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail is essential
- Experience using Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is essential
- Experience of accounting software is essential
- Experience of WordPress or similar is desirable
- Experience of system management software is desirable
- Applicant should have a clean driving licence and have access to own transport
The day(s) of work for the Finance Officer and location of work are open to discussion. There will be a need to attend the Parish Office on a regular basis if working from home. The hours and role will be reviewed after a period of six months in post
For an application pack email: email@example.com