Council: Local Council Consultancy (LCC)
County: Remote Working
Salary: SCP 7 – 12 (£20,092 - £22,183) pro-rata
Closing date: 12/08/2021 17:00
10 hours per week to be worked over 4 or 5 days (remote working)
Reports to: Head of Local Council Consultancy
Local Council Consultancy (LCC)
LCC was launched in late 2018 by SLCC as an additional capability to its advisory and membership services. It draws on the wide and deep expertise of SLCC and seek to provide councils with a value for money, sector-leading consultancy service. LCC operate on a ‘profit-for purpose’ basis, reinvesting all surpluses to further the development of professional clerks and, through them, the development of the whole sector.
As part of the offering, LCC provide a Locum service which is a rapidly growing area of the business. This along with the growth in associate work has resulted in an opportunity for an individual to support the Head of LCC with a particular focus on supporting and administering the locum service.
The role will entail managing all administrative aspects of the locum service including but not limited to:
- Reviewing applications and registering new locums with LCC.
- Responding to enquiries received for locum requests.
- Matching locums with positions and negotiating hourly rates.
- Sending documentation to councils and locums, ensuring all contractual arrangements are satisfied, including Right to Work checks and references where applicable.
- Managing timesheets and payroll submission.
- Promoting the locum service both internally and externally.
- Communicating with locums on a regular basis and ensure LCC records remain up to date.
- Developing an annual locum training/networking event.
- Supporting the Head of LCC as needed.
- To undertake continuous professional development in identified areas.
- Any other duties as requested by the SLCC Exec that are commensurate with the role.
- To reflect LCC brand values of professional, supportive, innovative.
Minimum 5 GCSE inc Maths & English
|Competent user of Microsoft Office 365||Experience of working within a Town or Parish Council|
|Excellent Organisational Skills||Experience within a recruitment environment|
|Previous experience of general administration||CIPD qualified|
|Ability to independently work to deadlines & manage the various workloads|
|Attention to detail|
|Excellent Communication Skills|
|Ability to Work as part of a team|
For queries about the role please contact Debra Harper, Head of Local Council Consultancy, email@example.com
To apply, please send your CV with covering letter by Thursday 12 August to Debra Harper, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for the candidate to start ASAP.