Council: Blunsdon Parish Council
Salary: SCP29 £37336 to SCP 32 £40221 - Salary is paid based on experience and qualifications
Closing date: 22/01/2024
Blunsdon Parish Council is always looking for new ways to improve the services it offers our local community with innovation, excellent customer service, and value for money.
This is an exciting role that will help to support the team of councillors in a fast-growing Parish. A seamless transfer is required from existing post holders.
The council is looking for someone to join the team who:
- Is an experienced Parish or Town Clerk
- Will fit in well in its friendly, committed, and flexible team.
- Add value to the role and have the right skills to lead on projects working alongside the community.
- Lead by example to enable the parish council to deliver services to the local community in conjunction with Swindon Borough Council. (SBC)
A Certificate in Local Council Administration is desirable but not essential, there will be a requirement to attain this qualification within an agreed period. Training will be provided and supported.
- To work on the full range of tasks required by the Council and to deputise for Councillors in their absence, attending meetings with officers and local business partners.
- To provide management and administrative support to the Parish Council to ensure the efficient running of the Parish.
- To use your own initiative to carry out the specific responsibilities below, with minimal supervision.
- To work in partnership with S.B.C. Officers and the business community.
- 37 hours per week with evening, weekend & flexible working.
For further information or to apply with a personal statement and current CV please contact [email protected] or call on 01793 705617.
Closing Date: 22 January 2024
Interviews: week commencing 29 January 2024
Job Description available on request.