Council: Downley Parish Council
Salary: LC2 £20,255 - £22,492 (pro rata 30 hours/week)
Closing date: 12/02/2021 17:00
Downley is a village and civil parish in Buckinghamshire. Set high in the Chiltern Hills, overlooking the town of High Wycombe, the community has around 5,100 residents and a precept of £100,000 with specific responsibilities for Allotments, Street Lighting and Community Events.
The council is currently looking to locate the council’s office to the Downley Community Centre where you will be based although there will be the opportunity for home working during the current coronavirus restrictions.
This part-time role, 30 hours per week, is an opportunity for an individual, possibly a deputy clerk, who wants to develop their skill sets and knowledge of local councils. Following the introduction of a single unitary authority for Buckinghamshire in April 2020, this role may evolve to take on new responsibilities or activities offering further opportunities for development.
The jobholder will be able to:
- Perform the day-to-day activities necessary to ensure the council is compliant with all statutory requirements, including the preparation of timely agendas, reports, and minutes for all meetings
- Maintaining all financial records, payment of invoices and income from allotment rents, preparing regular reports to council including the Annual Budget and financial returns
- Work with partners including other Public Sector bodies
- Communicate effectively and proactively with councillors
- Engage with the community and communicate the council’s objectives and activities effectively.
- Managing the council’s website and social media
- Manage specific projects from inception to completion
Applicants are required to complete an application form available on our website. A supporting CV and covering letter are optional.
Please email email@example.com
For an informal chat about the role please call Mike Kennedy, locum clerk, on 01494 257711.
Full details of the post, including a job description, person specification and application form are available on their website here.