Council: Seaford Town Council
County: East Sussex
Salary: SCP 49 – 54 (starting £54,323 per annum)
Closing date: 30/09/2020
Location: Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 1HG
Grade: SCP 49 – 54 (starting £54,323 per annum)
Seaford Town Council is seeking a Town Clerk to help lead the town council in fulfilling its aspirations and, due to recent events, navigating its way through the Covid-19 storm and the subsequent recovery planning.
As Town Clerk, you will be the chief officer of a town council with a £2.7 million turnover, assuming the legal responsibilities of proper officer. You will be leading a workforce, supported by a dedicated management team, of just under 30 staff members across three sites.
In return for being responsible for the entire property and asset portfolio of the town council and its services and operations, you will be offered a flexible working environment, committed and passionate staff members, a generous salary (starting at £54,323 per annum) and pension package, salary qualification increments, ample holiday entitlement, sickness arrangements and parental leave, to name a few.
This might be the job for you if:
- You have previous experience as a senior or chief officer of an organisation, ideally a local council or similar authority in the public sector.
- You love taking on a challenge and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You are motivated and driven. You like to empower your staff, balancing this with keeping your finger on the pulse. You can spot cracks in teams and work tactfully to nip these in the bud.
- You are comfortable in, yet not seeking, the spotlight. You are quick to think on your feet. You like learning new things and can learn quickly. You adapt well to change and know how to roll with the punches. You can communicate with anyone, through any media.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focussed and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
This is an exciting challenge at one of the largest town councils in the country, with one of the biggest portfolios of assets and non-precept income generation. This includes income from commercial activities which requires the ability to balance commercial and public-sector needs and constraints. The town council has had to put all projects on hold during COVID-19 and now must carefully plan every aspect of its recovery. A confident town clerk is needed to lead through this time.
If the above has struck a chord, for full details of the role of Town Clerk to Seaford Town Council and how to apply, please contact Georgia Raeburn, Executive Support Officer, at email@example.com
In the interim, feel free to check out our website to familiarise yourself with the council and get a flavour of what the role involves at https://www.seafordtowncouncil.gov.uk/
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 30th September 2020
Interview dates: (first stage) Wednesday 21st October 2020, (second stage) Wednesday 28th October 2020