Council: New Alresford Town Council
Salary: Scale Point in the LC3 Range, SCP 33 - £39,493 to SCP 36 - £42,503 per annum pro rata depending on qualifications and experience
Closing date: 03/02/2023
New Alresford Town Council in Hampshire offers its employees a varied and rewarding working environment working with both the Public, New Alresford Councillors members and liaising with different levels of local government.
New Alresford Town Council operates from the Arlebury Park Offices based in the town centre and has several committees and responsibilities within the local community.
The Council is committed to working with the local Community to make Alresford the best it can be.
New Alresford has a population of approximately 5,500 residents and the council’s budgeted annual expenditure is around £450,000. The council is responsible for 3 parks, an allotment and the Memorial Gardens.
Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
The Town Clerk is the Proper Officer of the council and as such is under a statutory duty to carry out all the functions of the council.
We offer a flexible working environment, part office based and part working from home if required.
This job role will be 22.5 hours per week, plus evening meetings with flexibility on office working days.
This role is pivotal to communication between the public and the Town Council.
Scale Point in the LC3 Range, SCP 33 – £39,493 to SCP 36 – £42,503 per annum pro rata depending on qualifications and experience, Cilca qualification is desirable.
We are looking for a proactive, dynamic individual who is an excellent manager, leader, innovator and ambassador, to partner our elected members in delivering the vision of the council. However, we also need someone with considerable administration and organisational skills.
- Experience in managing projects of varying size and complexity
- Experience in an office working environment
- Team management experience
- Note taking for meeting minutes
- Strong personal character
- Patience and a level head
- Experience in working in a time pressured environment
- Enthusiasm in local initiatives and working with the public
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsibility for the NATC office staff and their work ethic
- Overseeing management of NATC’s buildings and grounds
- Drawing up the annual budget
- Clerking Town Council meeting, with the taking and issuing of minutes
- Overseeing the management of the NATC Website and social media
- Working in a professional conscientious way with all the NATC Councillors
- The role is key to NATC councillors who will seek the professional advice of the Town Clerk on a regular basis.
Why Should You Apply?
We offer good rates of pay, with inclusion in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Performance related pay increases are part of NATC’s ethos.
This role is very rewarding for those looking to work in a local close knit community,
and to get involved with improving how the local council works.
There are great benefits to this role, including flexible working hours, various jobs and projects day to day and week to week.
If you enjoy managing and seeing projects through to their conclusion, this is an ideal role.
Relevant local government training will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Closing date: 3 February 2023