Council: Nelson Town Council
Salary: £39,493 - £42,503 PRO RATA (depending on experience)
Closing date: 01/12/2023 12:00
Salary: £39,493 – £42,503 PRO RATA (depending on experience)
Hours: 37 per week, will include days, evenings and some weekends.
Nelson Town Council is seeking to appoint a Town Clerk who will take overall responsibility for the Town Council’s operations and help to develop and implement its forward-looking strategy and associated plans.
Working from the Town Council’s offices in Nelson, applicants must:
- have carried out duties in previous roles which involve demonstrating a capacity to think strategically
- have carried out duties in previous roles which involve carrying out administrative management duties within a complex environment
- have an ability to understand local government law and procedure and have completed the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) qualification
- have a knowledge of financial management; arrange and conduct council meetings
- have carried out duties in previous roles which involve representing an organisation and carried out discussions with clients or external parties
- have had to use Microsoft programmes within their previous roles
- have a willingness to pursue ongoing training and personal development
For an informal discussion, please telephone the Town Council office on 07735 350735
To apply for this vacancy, either collect an application pack from Nelson Town Hall, Market Street, Nelson BB9 7LG.
Or download an application pack from www.nelsontowncouncil.gov.uk/Vacancies_22066.aspx
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, Friday 1 December 2023
Please note that we do not accept CVs, an application form must be completed