Council: New Alresford Town Council
Salary: Scale Point in the LC3 Range, SCP 33 – £39,493 to SCP 36 – £42,503 per annum pro rata depending on qualifications and experience
Closing date: 05/05/2023
Are you looking for a management role at the heart of a local community?
Are you a strong team player and experienced manager?
Sounds like you? Read on, we have your perfect career opportunity…
New Alresford has a population of approximately 5,500 residents and in March 2023 The Times newspaper declared the town one of the best places to live in the UK.
New Alresford Town Council, in Hampshire, offers its employees a varied and rewarding environment working with the Public Councillors and different levels of local government.
The Council operates from the Arlebury Park Offices based in the town centre and has several committees and responsibilities within the local community.
The Council is committed to working to make Alresford the best it can be and has a budgeted annual expenditure of around £380,000. It is responsible for 3 parks, an allotment and the Memorial Gardens.
The Position: Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
The Town Clerk is the Proper Officer of the council and as such is pivotal to how the council communicate with the public and council members.
We offer a flexible working environment, part office based and part working from home if required. This job role will be 22.5 hours per week, plus evening meetings with flexibility on office working days. 23 days annual leave plus 2 extra statutory days, plus public holidays.
Scale Point in the LC3 Range, SCP 33 – £39,493 to SCP 36 – £42,503 per annum pro rata depending on qualifications and experience, Cilca qualification is desirable but not mandatory as local government training will be made available to any successful candidate.
We are looking for a proactive, dynamic individual who is an excellent manager, leader, innovator and ambassador, to partner our elected members in delivering the vision of the council. However, we also need someone with considerable administration and organisational skills.
- Experience in managing projects of varying size and complexity
- Experience in an office working environment
- Experience in working in a time pressured environment
- Enthusiasm in local initiatives and working with the public
- Excellent communication skills
- To effectively manage the duties and actions of the Council and ensure legal compliance in all its activities.
- Responsibility for the NATC office staff and their work ethic
- Overseeing management of NATC’s buildings and grounds
- Drawing up the annual budget
- Clerking Town Council meetings, raising agendas and the taking and issuing of minutes
- Overseeing the management of the NATC Website and social media
- The role is key to NATC councillors who will seek the professional advice of the Town Clerk on a regular basis.
Why Should You Apply?
We offer good rates of pay, with inclusion in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Performance related pay increases are part of NATC’s ethos.
Clerks come from a range of backgrounds, but they share an enthusiasm for serving the community. If you come from outside the sector then full support, training and mentoring will be provided.
There are great benefits to this role, including flexible working hours, various jobs and projects day to day and week to week.
If you enjoy managing and seeing projects through to their conclusion, this is an ideal opportunity to work in a busy, friendly, dynamic environment.
Please send a covering letter and CV to: Tracy Predeth, Locum Town Clerk email: [email protected]
Closing date: 5 May 2023.