Council: Shipston on Stour Town Council
Salary: In line with NALC pay scales LC2 (24-32) depending on experience, plus Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing date: 10/05/2021 17:00
Shipston on Stour is a historic market town situated between the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Shakespeare’s Stratford upon Avon. The town has a population of just under 10000, currently with a precept of £260,000 pa. It has a vibrant cultural life and strong voluntary community support networks, together with excellent schools. The council is responsible for managing a wide range of amenities and recreational areas, as well as charity trusteeships.
Applications are invited for the position of Town Clerk / Responsible Finance Officer to be responsible for the effective management of the council’s resources and ensuring that the council complies with its statutory and audit responsibilities, managing the administration, personnel and finances of Shipston Town Council. The post is full time and includes regular evening and occasional weekend work. Applicants will need to evidence that they have significant leadership, organisational and financial management skills. The successful candidate will:
- will be a confident communicator, who is able to multitask with close attention to detail in all their work.
- have proven experience in administration, a good understanding of local government and strong communication IT and Financial skills;
- a CiLCA qualification is preferred or a commitment to work towards the qualification;
- be familiar with accounting practices in either a detailed or supervisory role and have a record of proven, effective management of staff;
- be able to demonstrate experience in project management, with a track record of balancing multiple projects an advantage;
- Be forward thinking and proactive.