Council: Sleaford Town Council
Salary: NJC, SCP 48 – 51, £51,958 to £55,204 per annum depending on experience (currently subject to award)
Closing date: 28/03/2022
Salary: Salary Scale Point NJC, SCP 48 – 51, £51,958 to £55,204 per annum depending on experience (currently subject to award) pro rata + Local Government Pension Scheme
Hours: 37 hours per week
Sleaford Town Council has a vacancy for a Town Clerk/RFO (Responsible Finance Officer).
The attributes that Applicants must be able to demonstrate include:
- knowledge of the requirements of the Council and its services
- competent administrator with excellent IT and financial management skills, with Local Government knowledge
- ability to manage the Council’s office, its staff and its contractors
- ability to work on own initiative, including from own home if necessary
- excellent people skills, including the ability to work with councillors, members of the public and on occasions the local media
- ability to work some evenings, including attending a minimum of 11 Full Council meetings over the course of the year
- ability to work some weekends at an overtime rate
The successful applicant would be expected to have, or be prepared to obtain, CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration).
Applicants must be prepared to give a fifteen minute presentation on the subject of ‘What the government’s Levelling Up White Paper could mean for Sleaford Town Council and how might the Town Council maximise the benefits it could bring.’
Interested Applicants should complete the Application Pack available from Nicola Marshall, Deputy Clerk (Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org) containing full details and requirements of the post.
The closing date for the return of applications is midday on Monday 28 March.
Interviews will be held on Monday 4 April.
Applications marked Private and Confidential should be sent to:
Cllr. Heather Lorimer, The Town Hall, Quayside House, Navigation Yard, Sleaford, NG34 7TW.
To discuss the job and the Council’s requirements, please email Cllr. Lorimer at Heather.Lorimer@sleaford.gov.uk to book an appointment.