Local Council Clerk Week (LCCW) has finally arrived, running this week from 10 to 14 July.
SLCC wrote a letter to HM King Charles III to make him aware of the LCCW and we received a response on the King’s behalf from Thomas Claridge, Head of Royal Correspondence, sending his warmest good wishes to all those taking part. Please click here to read the King’s response.
LCCW has also been featured in a press release published on 7 July in The Municipal Journal (MJ) and 10 July on the Local Government’s Information Unit’s (LGiU) website.
SLCC would like to encourage you all to take part in LCCW. Please click here to access a range of resources.
We have done much to promote this week, including:
- The creation of a bespoke video, featuring on our website, social media and played at Management in Action (MIA) in June
- Social media, with tweets shared leading up to the week, including top ten facts and testimonials
- Editorials in The Clerk magazine’s May and July editions
- Promotion in various bulletins
- Banner on all SLCC email signatures
- Branded notebooks handed out at MIA and to colleagues at the National Association of Local Councils (NALC)
LCCW is supported by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC), One Voice Wales (OVW), the International Institute of Municipal Councils (IIMC), Association of Democratic Services Officers (ADSO) and the National Association of British Market Authorities (NABMA).