The National Employers have now met and have made an improved and final pay offer to the NJC unions as follows:
- An increase of 2.75 per cent on NJC scale point 1
- An increase of 1.75 per cent on NJC scale point 2 and above
- Both of the above to apply from 1st April 2021
The previous offer made was 1.5% for all.
The other elements of the claim were on:
- A national minimum agreement on homeworking for all councils. They rejected this but have proposed further talks on hybrid working.
- An agreement on best practice national programme of mental health support for all Council staff. Further discussions will be held on providing a framework agreement.
- A review of the Green Book provisions for maternity/paternity/adoption leave/shared parental arrangements. The Government will be issuing its response to its consultation on the potential reform of the statutory provisions for maternity, parental and family leave and pay before the end of this year. Therefore, they intend that the NJC waits to see what the Government brings forward before embarking on a review of its own.
The Unions response is expected and we will continue to keep you advised of developments.