Further to the news article of 24 May, three trade unions (Unite, UNISON, and GMB) have now submitted their claim to the National Employers.
- The claim seeks a substantial increase with a minimum of £2,000 or the current rate of RPI – whichever is greater – on all spinal column points.
In addition are the following terms and conditions improvements:
- A Covid-19 recognition payment
- A national minimum agreement on homeworking policies for all councils and the introduction of a home working allowance
- An urgent review of all mileage rates currently applying
- A review and update of NJC terms for family leave and pay
- A review of term-time only contracts and consideration of retainers
- Reduction in the working week (without loss of pay) to 35 hours (34 in London) plus one additional day of annual leave
Now this has been presented, the National Employers will embark on a round of regional consultations, which are expected to conclude by the end of June and a response given to the trade unions thereafter.