Keeping Volunteers - A guide to retaining good people
Keeping Volunteers provides a comprehensive overview of this issue. It looks at reasons why volunteers become dissatisfied and presents tried and tested methods that can help to improve volunteer commitment and make volunteering more fulfilling.
- Welcoming volunteers to the team
- Making volunteers feel special
- Instilling organisational values in volunteers
- Sustaining retention along the volunteer life cycle
- Handling volunteer burnout
Written in a practical and easy-to-read style, Keeping Volunteers is an essential resource for managers of volunteer programmes and an invaluable companion to Recruiting Volunteers.