Following the regulations which enable town and parish councils to conduct ‘virtual meetings’, the SLCC has launched free webinar training for members and non-members on how to hold council meetings online. The pre-recorded 60 minute session is presented by Andrew Maliphant. Andrew is an experienced parish clerk, trainer and published author (Local Regeneration Handbook – Sage Publications) and has over twenty-five years’ experience in regeneration and project management.
The training session covers:
- How to hold and manage virtual meetings to ensure the standard meeting agenda items are covered
- How to ensure the Chairman controls the meeting in terms of inviting members to speak and taking votes on decisions
- How to incorporate an observation of standing orders
- How to prep for the meeting including preparing an online presentation
- How to select the correct software for your virtual meeting
Click here to view the webinar.