Terms and Conditions Events
Terms & Conditions Events, Courses, Webinars, Regional Training Seminars & Conferences
Booking Events and Training Courses
- Bookings for events and training courses will only be accepted via our website www.slcc.co.uk
- Bookings will be acknowledged by email on receipt of the booking form.
- Although we make every effort to ensure the prices listed are correct, mistakes may sometimes be made. If a mistake is discovered in the price of the event or training course that you have booked, we will tell you and give you the option of either reconfirming your booking at the correct price or cancelling your booking. In this instance, if we are unable to contact you or we receive no reply from you, your booking will be cancelled.
- SLCC also reserves the right to refuse to supply to any individual or company.
- If the course/webinar is fully booked we are able to add you to a waiting list.
- Attendance will be via advance bookings.
- Joining instructions will be sent to you 3 weeks before the event and your invoice will be sent 5 days after the event. We advise that, on receipt of the joining instructions, you are liable for any fees incurred in order to attend the event.
- Cancellations within three weeks of the event will result in a forfeit of all fees. However, substitution of delegates will be allowed. A refund or credit note will only be given in exceptional circumstances and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Delegates may not undertake any sales, marketing or promotional activity for a commercial organisation as part of their delegate package.
- SLCC reserves the right to change prices listed without notice.
- All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the current rates. We reserve the right to express the price exclusive of VAT, but we shall show VAT separately and include it in the total price.
- The member fee will be charged to Society members attending the event and any of their councillors and/or council staff who attend the event WITH the Society member.
- The non-member fee will be charged to clerks who book and are not members of the Society and councillors and council staff who attend the event WITHOUT a Society member.
- The Came & Company Bursary Scheme applies to up to 20 first time attendees per Regional Training Seminar. The bursary will be awarded on a first come first served basis and is limited to one per council. This bursary is not to be used in conjunction with any other bursary or offer. By qualifying and taking advantage of this bursary you agree to your information being shared with Came and Company Local Council Insurance who may contact you to discuss your insurance needs.
- The Came & Company New Clerk Bursary Scheme for Regional Training Seminars will be awarded on a first come basis and 40 bursaries per year are available. The bursary is limited to one per council, the delegate must be new to clerking with their first clerking role within the last 6 months and a first-time attendee to the Regional Training Seminar. This bursary is not to be used in conjunction with any other bursary or offer. By qualifying and taking advantage of this bursary you agree to your information being shared with Came and Company Local Council Insurance who may contact you to discuss your insurance needs.
SLCC Cancellation of Events
- SLCC reserves the right to amend or cancel any event or training course including the time, date or published prices. Changes to prices, times and dates will be advised before the event or training course start date and any event already paid in full will not be subject to the increased price.
- As an event or training course may be cancelled up to two weeks prior to its start date, we recommend that delegates do not make travel or accommodation arrangements before this time. Any travel or accommodation costs incurred are entirely the delegate’s responsibility. SLCC do not accept any liability for reimbursement of any costs incurred whatsoever in relation to its events or training courses.
- Where an events or training course has been cancelled, delegates will be offered an alternative date for the same events or training course, a credit towards another events or training course or a refund.
Delegate Cancellation of Events
- If the event or training course is cancelled within 3 weeks of the start date no refund or credit note will be supplied. However, substitutions are permitted but if the original delegate was a member then the substitution also needs to be a member.
- SLCC aims to ensure that its events and training courses are accessible to all. If you have any specific needs, please advise us at the earliest possible time and we will contact you to discuss your requirements. Specific requirements will be shared with the event venue.
Photography/Media at Events & Training Courses
- SLCC may from time to time photograph/film its events for use in future publicity and marketing materials for the promotion of the organisation or record the event for delegates who are unable to attend or would like a recorded copy of the event/course. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image/video to be used on any SLCC promotional material, publications or recording. If you do not wish your photograph to be published or to be recorded, please inform us at [email protected] at the time of making your booking. Please be aware that we do encourage the use of social media at our events and training courses so we do not accept responsibility for other delegates at the event posting photographs to social media or sharing them with third parties.
Service & Changes to the Course
- SLCC will take all reasonable steps to ensure provision of a high-quality service at events and training courses but will not guarantee that the provision of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free. SLCC places particular importance on the service provided to all customers. Should the applicant be dissatisfied with the service provision or the information provided they can address their concerns in writing to SLCC. Please see the SLCC Complaints Procedure for more information.
- SLCC will seek to deliver every event and training course in accordance with the description set out on the SLCC website. However, there may be situations in which it is desirable or necessary for the SLCC to make changes in course provision, either before or after booking. The SLCC therefore reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the content, delivery and agenda of the event or training course.
- Agreeing to the terms means that you will receive communication from SLCC Officers regarding your event or training course.
- Webinar delegates only: Agreeing to the terms means that you will access training through the GoToTraining software. The delegate is responsible for checking that the software is compatible with their computer and making SLCC aware in reasonable time before the webinar begins.
- To review your communication preferences please login at www.slcc.co.uk/consent
The terms and conditions were last updated on 14.06.2019