Council: Saxilby with Ingleby Parish Council
Salary: SCP1 - £9.27 per hour – national pay award pending
Closing date: 24/09/2021
Due to a reduction in hours by existing staff, Saxilby with Ingleby Parish Council is looking to recruit a part-time Administration Assistant. Experience of working in a local council and of local council finance would be beneficial but is not essential.
You will be responsible to the Parish Clerk.
The role will initially be for a minimum of twelve hours per week although there may be a future opportunity to increase this, subject to budgetary provision.
Working days to be agreed.
Salary is SCP1 – £9.27 per hour – national pay award pending.
This is a permanent role, subject to successful completion of a probationary period.
The Council is a member of the NEST pension scheme.
- Providing administrative support to the Parish Clerk and Assistant Clerk
- Assisting in the preparation of agendas and background papers for council and committee meetings
- Taking minutes for council meetings
- Administration of the council’s financial system (Rialtas Omega) including purchase ledger and sales ledger
- Progressing actions from council decisions
- Answering the telephone and dealing with voicemails
- Sorting the post
- Maintaining various logs i.e. complaints, faults (buildings/assets)
- Liaising with contractors or suppliers
- Ordering sundries, goods, and materials
- Updating the website/social media when required
- You will be expected to manage your workload, within the constraints of the council’s meeting schedule and administrative cycle
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
If you meet the above requirements, experience and are available to start soon, please apply.
Application forms are available online at www.saxilbyparishcouncil.gov.uk
And a full job description and person specification can be downloaded here.
For queries in relation to the role please contact:
Telephone: 07824 539413
Telephone: 07790 255331