County: Working from Home
Salary: Working on a self employed basis, paid a monthly retainer and paid per portfolio marked
Closing date: 23/04/2021 17:00
The role of the assessor is to make an informed judgement about the range of evidence produced by candidates to demonstrate their competence to meet the assessment criteria.
Assessors are responsible to the Internal Quality Assurance Verifier (IQAV) for marking portfolios and maintaining the standards of the qualification. Through the IQAV, assessors are also accountable to the Improvement and Development Board.
Assessors work on a self-employed basis and are paid on a per portfolio basis.
- Carry out assessments in accordance with CiLCA assessment and re-assessment policy and correctly complete all assessment documentation within agreed timeframe.
- Ensure evidence provided by learners is sufficient to meet CiLCA requirements and provide timely and objective feedback to learners about achievement.
- Keep records including feedback to candidates, evidence of training and e-mail/ telephone discussions with the IQAV and maintain the confidentiality of all personal data including the anonymity of assessors.
- Notify the CiLCA Administrator of any candidate known personally and avoid any circumstance that compromises objectivity.
- Identify cases of possible plagiarism or syndication/collusion and report them to the IQAV.
- Respond to guidance from the IQAV and address any issues identified.
- Contribute to any appeal process as required.
- Attend training and assessor meetings as required.
- Uphold the ethos of the National Training Strategy
- Contribute to the development of the CiLCA qualification by advising the IQAV of issues arising from the assessment process and suggesting improvements.
- Work with others to ensure the standardisation of assessment practice and outcomes.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the role and responsibilities of local council clerks and commit to continuing development of own professional skills in learning & assessment.
To apply to join the assessor team, please send a completed application form to IQAV@slcc.co.uk.
Closing date: 5:00pm, Friday 23rd April