Council: Leighton-Linslade Town Council
Salary: SCP 43-47 (£41,591 - £45,648)
Closing date: 27/06/2022 23:59
Salary: SCP 43-47 (£41,591 – £45,648)
Hours: 37 hours per week (full-time)
Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 27 June
Interviews: First interviews w/c 4 July. Final interviews w/c 11 July
We are one of the country’s largest Town Councils, with a proud tradition of contribution and excellence. We serve the vibrant, historic and welcoming communities of Leighton Buzzard and Linslade in the heart of Bedfordshire. Working together with our Councillors and partners, we are determined to realise our vision, “A Community to be Proud Of.” That means achieving high quality services promoting well-being for everyone. The role of Head of Economic & Cultural Services is your opportunity to help us deliver our vision.
Working as part of the Town Council’s management team, and leading a group of highly dedicated staff and volunteers, you will:
- Promote our Town Centre and other places of interest, encouraging take up of local services from our outstanding offer of independent businesses
- Lead the Town Council’s award-winning market function
- Support partnership working with Central Bedfordshire Council and other stakeholders that helps us deliver our vision and improves services for our residents
- Develop, promote and manage events that provide community cohesion, sense of community and brings people into the town
- Manage community activities and council led projects including our Teenage Advice and Information Centre
To apply please complete an application form which is available via the recruitment portal here. Please note that CVs will not be considered.
Please provide the names and contact details of two referees.
Application Forms should be uploaded via the apply link.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 27th June
Anticipated dates for interview, potentially subject to change:
First interviews w/c 4 July. Final interviews w/c 11 July.
For an informal discussion, contact Mark Bearn at HAYS Executive on 07872 672290 or email email@example.com.