Council: Wotton-under-Edge Town Council
Salary: SCP range 30 to 36, £33,782 to £39,880 to be pro rata’d (33 hours per week)
Closing date: 23/11/2020 12:00
Wotton-under-Edge Town Council offices and the One Stop Shop are situated in the Civic Centre adjacent to the car park, in the centre of the Cotswold market town of Wotton-under-Edge. The offices and One Stop Shop are currently open to the public weekdays between 9.00am and 12.30pm.
See www.wotton-under-edge.com for further information.
The town council is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of St Mary’s Churchyard and Wortley Rd Cemetery, room hire and usage of the Civic Centre and Town Hall, Symn Lane play area, the Chipping Club Room, the Youth Centre, Knapp Rd and New Rd allotments, Marchesi Walk, the town’s CCTV camera system, and various grass verges, and flower borders. The council is also involved in the following: Wotton Pool, Wotton Heritage Centre, Wotton Library, and Under the Edge Arts Centre.
The council’s administrative function assists 13 volunteer town councillors in the management of community facilities in the town, as the third tier of local government which is closest to its residents. The council budget is £360,000 p.a, and the Precept is £319,000.
- To develop and manage policy strategy and operations across the council’s provision by working with elected council members, external bodies and staff.
- To carry out functions required by law of a local authorities Proper Officer and to issue all statutory notifications.
- To provide inspirational leadership to all council staff
- To seek opportunities to develop the council’s services and facilities to meet the needs of the local community.
- To provide advice and information (as backing documents) to the council to assist it in making effective and lawful decisions
- To also act as Clerk to Wotton-under-Edge Town Trust ensuring the proper administration of the Town Trust in accordance with current Charity Law
The Council’s officers are the Town Clerk, a Deputy Clerk soon to become a Finance Officer, an Assistant Clerk, an Administrator, a Buildings Manager, and a Caretaker. There are also cleaners. The line manager for all is the Town Clerk.
To apply, please complete an application form found here and post to:
The Town Clerk,
2 Gloucester St,
Or email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 23rd November at noon.
Interviews to be held week of Monday 7th December.