Wales Training Bursary Scheme
The Minister for Public Services has agreed to continue the training bursary for another year. This will be available to clerks in Wales up until 29th Feb 2020.
The criteria to receive a Wales Bursary is as follows:
- Bursary limit is 50% of the cost of the training course, conference or CPD event up to a maximum bursary payment of £100.
- The bursary scheme is aimed at smaller councils and is open to any clerk or administrative assistant who works for a council with a turnover (i.e. annual budgeted income) of under £40,000.
- If a clerk or administrative assistant works for more than one council, they are eligible to apply for a bursary at each of their councils, if they come within the £40,000 criteria.
- The clerk at each eligible council can submit multiple claims during the financial year ensuring that the total does not exceed the £100 reimbursement.
- The training course, conference or CPD event may start on the day this form is signed but must start/take place within 12 months of bursary confirmation – it cannot be claimed retrospectively. Training must be completed by 16th March 2020.
- The Wales bursary can be used for residential events as well as one day training events. Click here to download the Wales Training Bursary Scheme Application Form (English language).
Community Governance Bursary Scheme
Win a scholarship of £1,000 towards the Level 4 tuition fees! To have a chance of winning the Blachere Illumination scholarship, you should be a new student applying to study for the Certificate of Higher Education (Level 4) starting in February 2020. To apply email your name, your role, your council(s) and, in no more than 300 words, explain how you would benefit from the funding. Send your email to [email protected] by the 15th December 2019.